Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login during Install - Windows 7 on corporate environment

Rodrigo Guirelli de Queiroz September 7, 2017

I have been trouble to install SourceTree on a corporate environment with Windows 7 + IE11.

It seems that IE11 is not working perfectly during login using the website. Trying to login during installation is even worse.

Is there any way to avoid login during install?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Guirelli de Queiroz September 11, 2017

Hello!

I was able to log in, but actually I tried different steps. I don't know for sure wich one worked out. These are the things I have done:

• Open IE, go to Internet options and clear IE cache
  • On security settings, also change Internet Zonee to low
  • On Privacy settings, change to low security
  • Delete all previous Atlassian Data & SourceTree folders on your local AppData\Local folder
  • When you start installation, when the login popup appears, right click anywhere and click on properties. Copy the full link, close the install and open the link on IE. Make sure that after login, you can enter in the same link again without writing your password.
  • The next time you run the install it should be ok.

Well that worked for me.

Hope it can help someone!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Thanks for sharing with the rest of the Community :)

Florian Pohl September 27, 2017

Deleting the Data from AppData\Local didn't do anything for me . 

However, copying the link to login with an IE browser window did work.

michalizdebski October 6, 2017

Does  not work for me - still empty login window.

4 votes
kalle-ntz October 9, 2017

Folks if your login is based on even HAVING Internet Explorer, something is off there, eh? Most nerds use Internet Explorer on Windows for 2 things: 70% to download Chrome, 30% to download Firefox.

Philippe Müller October 10, 2017

Big up for this comment.

rodrigogq November 2, 2017

It is not a question about option Robert, it is just that Atlassian on Windows is using MS components that are actually IE on its core. The forms for login are actually an IE component pointing to an external website using IE as its core object.

Like # people like this
Robert Kalweit November 21, 2018

I know. The problem for me is: You can not rely on your product to work with a component that is not even essential to the operating system you're working on.

In my concrete example (and I'm sure I'm not the only one):
I install Windows (whichever version),
then use IE (or Edge or however MS calls it these days) to download a proper browser,
then I go to Windows settings
and completely remove all components of IE (or Edge etc.)

Meaning: I end up with Windows (which is a reasonably good OS) without shitty IE browser. And I still want to login to Source Tree. This not being possible is just embarrassing.

Like Christopher Bott likes this
1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hi Rodrigo, you'll need to log in during your installation as you'll need to register SourceTree using your Atlassian account to complete the installation.

What kind of problem are you having? Is it the registration what is failing? If so, can you try logging in to id.atlassian.com using IE and see if you're able to access? If you are but are still unable to go through using SourceTree, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab, click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings and check Delete personal settings. If after that you're still having issues, please send us a screenshot of where you get stuck so we can continue helping you.

Best regards!

Ana

Konstantin Konopko October 2, 2017

Have the same issue but with IE8. Please help!image.png

chilaka rajesh November 1, 2017

iam also having same issue in ie window..plz help me

Martin Rump February 6, 2018

I have the same issue. Cannot use the solution from Rodrigo, because some settings are locked by IT.

0 votes
Aneeb_Artist March 19, 2020

To be honest Installation is more difficult to writing codes. Still fighting.

0 votes
olegtaranenko November 14, 2018

at least a year attlasian got in troubles for installing ST on Win7 box. By default it uses IE 11. 
very often it is not possible to update it to more modern, if you are constrainted to corporate environment, enterprise policy etc.

Very very pity

0 votes
Erick Del Orbe September 8, 2017

Rodrigo did this solve your issue? I'm having the same issue

rodrigogq November 2, 2017

Yes I did solve my issue with the steps I told. Hope any of them help you also.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events