Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login during Install - Mac

bheimbaugh September 7, 2018

I'm trying to install Sourcetree 2.7.6a on macOS 10.13.6. After getting to the Login to your Atlassian account step, I click the Use an existing account button, and get the following login dialog. There is an input field for email, but nowhere to enter a password. The big blue button is blank, and if you press it turns darker blue but otherwise does nothing. The "Can't log in?" link just lets you reset your password, but that's not the problem. 

2 answers

0 votes
bheimbaugh September 25, 2018

Oops - ignore this. Moved response to proper thread, above.

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Would you mind trying a new experience with our latest beta available for download from here?

bheimbaugh September 25, 2018

Sorry for the delay, you responded on the day I started 2 wk vac :shrug:
Sourcetree_3.0b5_196.zip is still not working though. 

• If I try to login to the Bitbucket Server option using the credentials I use for our server, it reports "Login Error". 

• If I try to login to the Bitbucket Cloud option using my credentials for bitbucket.org, nothing happens. The dialog just resets, clearing the username and password fields, and prompting for login again without any error messages. 

• If i try to use the Log in with Atlassian Access/SAML option, after entering my email and clicking continue, the continue button changes to a blank, blue button without any label, and clicking it just turns it a darker blue, exactly like the original problem I reported above with v2.7.6a

So, the new beta is a step forward in so far as I can actually enter my credentials for both Cloud and Server accounts, but I still can't successfully authenticate to either account after verifying that the credentials are accepted via web logins. 

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

I'm so sorry that you are facing so many hurdles in the first step of using our product. Let me ask a few questions, 

1. Are you using Bitbucket server or bitbucket.org?

2. Is this an enterprise account? Or personal account?

Can you share some screenshots of the errors that you see when you try with Bitbucket server?

bheimbaugh September 26, 2018

As described above, I've tried both our server using enterprise account, and bitbucket.org using personal account. 

Using the same enterprise credentials I use to login to our server, Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.29.30 AM.png

results in this errorScreen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.35.33 AM.png

Using the same personal credentials I use to login to bitbucket.orgScreen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.37.54 AM.png

just clears the email & password fields without any error messageScreen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.41.58 AM.png

Manju
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2018

Alrighty! We've got the Bitbucket cloud thing fixed. Can you please try out this build - OSX_Latest.zip 

bheimbaugh September 27, 2018

The "OSX_Latest" build is back to the original behavior. After entering the email for my personal account and clicking continue, the continue button changes to a blank, blue button without any label, and clicking it just turns it a darker blue.

Before clicking blue box:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 7.53.48 AM.png

After clicking blue box:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 7.54.05 AM.png

I don't want to pursue this any further. I don't remember why I even wanted to try sourcetree anymore. Thank you for your effort. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events