Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Source Tree (Windows)

Ihor Kovalenko November 11, 2018

Hi. After having SourceTree installed for several years, I put myself in troubles by re-installing Windows at home. I downloaded SourceTree from web, started installation and was asked "To use SourceTree, login with a BitBucket or Bitbucket server". I don't know what "Bitbucket server" or "Bitbucket" means. Like, I don't remember such a questions before. So I clicked "Bitbucket". It asked me to enter my cridentials. Ok, I have cridentials, years ago I created account for my personal use. So here you go. BUT, after entering my cridentials it showed something like "Ok, you entered as bla bla bla %my user%" but you still haven't signed up into Bitbucket Cloud." Well, I don't know what Bitbucket Cloud is and I don't care, frankly speaking. I had no choice given but to create Bitbucket Cloud for account or something like that. It showed me text box (well, still shows) that 

"Create a unique username for Bitbucket Cloud"

bitbucket.org /username

with a big green button Continue.

I'm trying to enter to username-text box my email but wihout @part.xxx. And it says that username is already exist. (Username is pretty unique and stoned for somebody else to have it besides me, so it's deffinitely me, my username, my account). But I can't sign in. I even can write this question from that account, but can't install Source Tree. So, what should I do?

PS: I'm sorry. Getting pretty angry already. I can create a new account, but account it's not something that you can create and then throw it away. It's not a shop bill.  It's freaking ACCOUNT. Guys always tell me at work that why the hell I use SourceTree if I can do the same things using Visual Studio. I always answered that why not, if it works for years. I think right now it's a good point to try what they say.

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2018

Hi @Ihor Kovalenko,

Have you tried to reset your login and password after that re-login using SourceTree?

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events