Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clone new or push from existing due to SAML SSO error

sletkeman April 16, 2018

As part of its effort to tighten us security, my work is now requiring us to log into Github through our Microsoft active directory accounts. Is there any way for me to continue to use Source Tree, or will I have to wait for some future update? I can still log into my Github account through the repository browser, but I can't clone new repositories or push changes to existing ones. I get the error pasted at the bottom when I try to do anything. I saw that perhaps I should be able to do it using a Personal Access Token since Azure AD is one of the identity providers supported, but I can't figure out what to do with the token. 

remote: The `*******' organization has enabled or enforced SAML SSO. To access

remote: this repository, you must use the HTTPS remote with a personal access token

remote: that has been whitelisted for this organization. Visit

remote: https://help.github.com/articles/authenticating-to-a-github-organization-with-saml-single-sign-on/ for more information.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

Hi

To be honest we've not tested this scenario, however.....

GitHub Personal Access Tokens should work like a password so you should be able to use them for basic auth style authentication using username/personal access token.

As such you should be able to use  the personal access token in place of your usual password in git prompts and/or Sourcetree account settings.

https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-personal-access-token-for-the-command-line/

yamit.sivak June 17, 2021

Doesn't work for me.

Lakeisha Pogrzeba November 29, 2021

same, doesnt work for me. i just keep getting this error message, unable to enter the token i generated

how do i stop this message from coming:

remote: The `*******' organization has enabled or enforced SAML SSO. To access

remote: this repository, you must use the HTTPS remote with a personal access token

remote: that has been whitelisted for this organization. Visit

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2021
Lakeisha Pogrzeba December 10, 2021

got it working. forgot to delete my old profile so it was taking that one

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events