You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I just now installed SourceTree on a new computer and am trying to clone my GIT repositories, which are stored on bitbucket.
I logged into SourceTree using my email address and my regular Atlassian bitbucket password. I can see the names of all my repositories in the Remote tab.
I now click Clone by one of the repositories to open the Clone form. It auto-fills the clone URL. The lists the proper clone URL, but it says "this is not a valid source path / URL" When I click details, I'm told "Login failed due to incorrect login credentials or method."
Note, the first time I tried to clone a repo, it gave me a popup where I could choose... a help something?... I think I clicked to never see it again, but now I wonder if that's where I should have chosen something. I tried uninstalling SourceTree and installing it again to get that menu back, but it doesn't appear anymore.
I'm guessing maybe the URL not recognized issue is because I need to use the app password (instead of my personal password), which I at some point needed to start using on my other computer. But how?
I went to Tools > Options > Authentication
My user is there. I go to Edit.
I tried to change OAuth to Basic. Then click Refresh Password. Here I have tried to enter my regular password, then one that gets me into my repositories on the website. I get an error "Authentication failed" with Unexpected character encountered. I also tried my App password, the one I use on SourceTree on my other computer when I push to the repository. Same error. I have verified that the passwords are correct.
I also tried leaving it as OAuth and clicking refresh token. This opens a webpage in my browser and I'm told "Authentication OK" Great, except now when I go back to the remote tab, it no longer even lists my repositories. There's also a red X by the account user name there.