Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install Source Tree

Brian Cavanaugh January 12, 2018

I downloaded source tree (SourceTreeSetup-2.4.7.0.exe) for Windows 10. When I run the installer I choose to use an existing account. When I use my email address I  get an error about loggin in, single sign-on and SAML. I just need to connect to our local git/bitbucket repository. What can I do? I seems that I do have an Atlassian account and can see it at: https://my.atlassian.com/product

The installer will not progress past this point.

Thanks,
Brian

Oops, there was an error logging you in. - Atlassian account

Oops, there was an error logging you in.

Please contact your administrator to check single sign-on configuration.

Error reference: 4e1264b6-f64e-4b81-9290-3fd4ae9ba9a4. Error reported: Signature validation failed. SAML Response rejected

Configuration guide and troubleshooting

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2018

Hi Brian! So are you getting this error right when you're trying to log in to your Atlassian account during installation, or when you try to connect your Bitbucket repo?

To start with, please confirm if you have the latest version of Internet Explorer, as Sourcetree relies on it for authentication. After that, please try the following:

• Turn off compatibility mode in IE. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
  • Check Delete personal settings
  • Change your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.

Let us know if this worked for you!

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events