Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Sourcetree for a Mercurial repo stage files or do partial commits?

Dave Anderson June 19, 2019

I'm looking at switching from TortoiseHg to Sourcetree so I can manage both Hg and Git from one program. I've installed Sourcetree 3.1.3 and have no problems using Git and can commit files to Hg.

Sourcetree crashes if I try and Stage files for my Hg repos, there isn't the same Staged/Unstaged view you get for a Git repo. Should `Stage File` even be enabled? I've submitted a BugSplat report for the crash but didn't log a Sourcetree issue as I'm not sure if this is supported. Either it shouldn't crash and Stage files successfully or the option needs to be removed for Hg repos.

This answer is very old now Can I commit individual hunks (hg record)? The record extension it mentions is now deprecated.

I really want trying to do a partial commit for only some hunks in a file and I can't seem to do that either. I hoped if a file was Staged that becomes an option.

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2019

Hi @Dave Anderson,

Staging for Mercurial isn't supported by Sourcetree currently. You can vote or file a new ticket in our public trackers (Mac, Windows) for updates.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events