Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SourceTree use ssh keys in a non-standard location

karres November 1, 2018

Hi,

My work Win10 machine has a "mapped" Home drive, call it "H:".  Due to some recent issues I had to delete my local "profile".  Before I did the delete I copied the ".ssh" dir and other things off to the H drive for safe keeping.  I now wonder if I can configure Sourcetree to look in that non-standard location for the ssh keys?

2 answers

0 votes
karres November 2, 2018

This isn't an answer but I had to do something... I moved the .ssh dir back from the mapped H drive mentioned above to my local "profile".  I had to reestablish the remote info via:

git remote rename origin old-origin
git remote add origin git@gitlab.myCo.com:me/myProject.git
git push -u origin --all
git push -u origin --tags

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2018

Hi! Have you already tried the option 'Load an existing private key file' as shown in our documentation? Are you able to select your SSH key location?

Let us know!
Ana

karres November 2, 2018

Thanks, I have active ssh keys, this page seems to only tell me how to generate new ones. 

My keys are not sitting is the "default" location that putty creates (C:\Users\me\.ssh).  Instead, they are on a mapped drive (H:\.ssh).  My guess is that Sourcetree only know to look in the .ssh directory in the user's home directory.

I have tried going to Tools -> Options and setting the "SSH Client Configuration" section but that has not worked.

I may have to move the .ssh dir back to the "normal" location

**Edit**

I have tried creating a windows "junction" to link to the mapped drive location.  That is not working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events