Can SourceTree search be targeted only to search from specific git branch?

Having multiple branches in git repo it is sometimes useful to be able to search commits from some specific branch. Is this supported by SourceTree (could not find a way to do it myself), and if not is that kind of feature planned to be implemented in near future?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Isto,

SourceTree 1.6 is scheduled to have branch filtering in the log view - hopefully this is what you want. There'll be a drop-down list where you can select the branch you want to see within the log view along with the filters that already exist.

Hope that helps

What about a use case in Search view with Search: user selected - can I search commits of some specific user from some specific branch?

Hey Isto, I've filed an issue for that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1410

Cheers :)

This would be really useful. Is it actually available in SourceTree 1.6?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

850 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you