Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch "folder" case insensitive

cemoktra August 27, 2019

In git i can have branches with case sensitive names separated to folders using the slash syntax. 

When i have the following branches:

• folder/Branch
  • Folder/Branch

SourceTree will just show one folder item with the "Branch" and hides the second branch. This is affecting remote branches also.

Tried to create a bug report, but i dont have the right to do it.

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2019

@cemoktraThis is very old issue, and as per Atlassian and community it is caused by file-system in operating system.

Have a look at this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1295

If above issue doesn't match your description, don't hesitate to log another in this project.

cemoktra August 28, 2019

So how can git handle this but SourceTree not? It's really annoying when create a branch on the git bash with a small letters but there is folder with big letters existing, that sourcetree will add it to the big letter folder and create a big letter folder when pushing to remote. 

I had duplicate branches and it took long to figure out why co worker and i did not see our commits

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2019

It has something to do with git configuration, and server where you are keeping bare repositories.

I myself faced this issue, so decided to go with case insensitive.

More annoying part is, when change file names, like from abc from ABC, sourcetree doesn't recognize it.

We had to live through this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events