Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket / SourceTree / Git-Flow / Finish Release

BTLife November 30, 2018

I've upgraded my SourceTree and now my Finish Release has changed the  way it interacts with Bitbucket.

Using the Git-Flow button I would Start a Release, then I would create a pull request in bitbucket to for merging the develop branch into master.

Then I would Finish Release in SourceTree I would select Tag with message, Delete branch and Push changes to remote.

The pull request in bitbucket would show Merged remotely after sourcetree was done.

Now after I upgraded it declines the pull request instead of showing it as merged remotely.

Is there anyway to get it to go back to merged remotely?

Bitbucket was not changed, just SourceTree was upgraded.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2018

Hi

Just to clarify your actions are the same as they always were in Sourcetree, but the changed messaging, declining merging the pull request, is shown in Bitbucket web UI ?

Can I check what version of Sourcetree you are running?

BTLife December 4, 2018

Thank-you for your response!!

Correct, actions are the same.

Atlassian Bitbucket v5.3.1, SourceTree 3.0.9 (although I was going to update to the latest 3.0.12 pretty soon)

I was thinking it might be a new setting in SourceTree that it passes to GIT, or a change to a default setting and we just need to change it in our config to get it to go back to the way it was. But I haven't found any mention of this situation any where.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2018

I don't think this is a change in Sourcetree. Sourcetree just asks git-flow to finish the feature which merges the branch. Bitbucket only notices this when the merge is pushed.. I don't believe we've changed anything around this. But we can investigate.

BTLife July 8, 2019

Upgrading to the the latest Git solved the issue v2.21.0.windows.1

It went back to "remotely merged the pull request from" instead of declining the pull request in Bitbucket.

Not sure what exactly in the new version changed the behavior.

Thanks for looking into it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events