Authentication with bitbucket server problem

Nick Kazemi April 13, 2018

Hi

I have whole new installation of bitbucket server version 5.8.1 and running sourcetree  2.7.1 on macbook pro macOS High sierra (10.13.4).

When I add a new account to sourcetree and a new ssh key it works find and no issue. however if I close the sourcetree application and restart it again I can view the repositories but I can not perform any form of git operation on them (pull,push,clone) getting error 

git@----.c--: Permission denied (publickey).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

the only way to be able to use sourcetree again is by remove the user account and remove the config and the keys from .ssh folder and generate them again and this will work for a while.

how can I fix this problem? is it a setting on bitbucket server I have to set?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

Please check if the ssh-agent has your keys loaded. If not, please add them to the agent. 

Run below commands in terminal to do so,

To check if keys are loaded:

ssh-add -l

To add keys to agent:

ssh-add <path_to_key>

more like,

ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa

Key in the passphrase used while generating the ssh key and you should be good to go.

Nick Kazemi April 16, 2018

HI Manjunath

Thanks, it worked, but it's very strange.

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

Apple removed openSSH library from macOS which causes this issue. Read more about it in this technical note - https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2449/_index.html 

Mahesh Khambadkone May 17, 2018

The Apple technical note is no longer available.

0 votes
Mahesh Khambadkone May 17, 2018

Just wanted to point out that I have 10.13.4 and was working fine with ssh on Sourcetree.  After doing an update to the OS, I started receiving the same error each time I accessed my repositories.

my keys were already listed in 

ssh-add -l

Adding the key once more (same key), solved the problem for me. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events