Authentication failure using windows source tree 2.6.10.0

Marc Bishara August 10, 2018

I am using windows 10, source tree 2.6.10.0, one morning authentication just keeps failing on all my repos.

I tried both OAuth and basic, both refresh just fine and say that the authentication status is "Ok" but then I try to pull anything and I keep getting the password prompt and even when I put the correct password, it just keeps throwing an error:

fatal: HttpRequestException encountered.
An error occurred while sending the request.

remote: Invalid username or password.

Anyone ideas what's going on?

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

What service (Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.) are you trying to interact with? Presumably this is with Git?

@bgannin Using bitbucket Git.

I uninstalled 2.6.10.0 and reinstalled, problem persisted. So I uninstalled and re-installed 2.0.20.1 (I had the exe on my laptop still) and now the GUI works fine.

Also another note from before, the terminal always worked just fine even when I was having trouble with the 2.6.10.0 installation which makes it seem like I ran into a bug and just can't refresh my way out of it.

Cheers

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

There's a known issue with Bitbucket and Git on Windows right now that we're waiting on the fix to ship for.

@bgannin Thanks for the input. This sounds about right. I will wait for a further update before upgrading my sourceTree version again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events