Authentication failed - Request for an OAuth request_token was denied

giacomozanghi_untoldgames September 19, 2018

Hi,

today I can't get the OAuth authentication work.

The button 'Refresh OAuth token' seems it doesn't work any more. This is the link it points at:

http://localhost:34106/?state=authenticated&error_description=These+requested+scopes+are+beyond+the+OAuth+client%27s+own+scopes%3A+repository%3Awrite+project+snippet+repository+issue+pullrequest+team+account+email&error=invalid_scope

I got an error:

Authentication Failed

Unable to get secret

Unable to get user secret

Request for an OAuth request_token was denied

These requested scopes are beyond the OAuth client's own scopes:

repository:write project snippet repository issue pullrequest team account email

I can't also clone a repository on Bitbucket using Basic authentication, it fails with an invalid repos URL.

Any solution?

thank you,

Giacomo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hi Giacomo,

Looks like you've run into this bug SRCTREEWIN-9250. Our developers are currently working on it, in the meantime you can use Basic authentication as a workaround.

You can also leave your comments or questions in the bug ticket or watch it to receive future updates.

Hope that helps!

Ana

christianbohm April 27, 2020

Hi! I have downloaded latest version: 3.3.8 and this problem is still there! There is now way I can install it! I have to go back to 2.6.10

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events