Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticate SourceTree with Google Credentials

Elliot Moule
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2019

Hi,

I recently created a Bitbucket account, using my Google credentials to login. I have then created a repository, however, cannot clone with SourceTree, as it prompts for authentication. I tried my Google credentials, though, this did not work.

The only way I can seem to clone and use it, is via the command line, when it eventually prompts the OpenSSH, where I can use a token I created for my account.

Wondering what I need to do to get this working with Sourcetree?

2 answers

0 votes
Ronald Blaas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2023

Using Windows 10 

version sourcetree 3.4.13 This problem still exists!!

I cannot continue working with sourcetree. 

I have not found any solutions which will work.

Have tried older version (2.x) but that doesn't work at all. 

recreation steps:

Install sourcetree. 

Follow wizard

(error loading page localhost) 

Repository's are shown. 

When try to clone sourcetree is asking for a password. (OATH not working apparently) 

LuisCarro June 28, 2023

Currently, Bitbucket no longer supports profile or username/password authentication.

The procedure is to enter "Personal Bitbucket Settings"

Bitbucket-A.png

and create an "App Password".

Bitbucket-B.png

Now, don't forget this password because Bitbucket won't show it again.

When using OAuth this is the password to enter.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2019

Hi

I would suggest you need to configure your Bitbucket account in Sourcetree to use OAuth. In that way you will have to effectively use your Google credentials to authorize Sourcetree but will then get an OAuth access_token that can be used by Sourcetree and Git.

In Sourcetree for Windows go to the Tools/Options/Authentication tab and edit/create a Bitbucket account using OAuth. 

Elliot Moule
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2019

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response. I've actually already tried this (sorry that I didn't put it in the original post). 

Even with OAuth configured, it prompts for a username and password for every action (fetch/pull/push). Not sure if that is a separate issue? In this regard, I've updated to the latest source tree, and reinstalled the git credentials manager, though, to the same result.

Thanks,
Elliot.

LuisCarro July 22, 2020

Hi.

I am having the same problem, and in repositories/workspaces that I was working on yesterday, suddenly I cannot do a push, clone or pull, nothing.

Did you find any way to solve it?

UPDATE (10' later)
And suddenly startt work again.
I do not understand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events