Atlassian account defaults to Google login when installing Sourcetree on MacOS

Marcus Herrmann August 29, 2017

I have installed SourceTree on a new Mac running the latest MacOS. When calling SourceTree for the first time, it asks you to log in to your Atlassian account. Choosing "Use an existing account" let's one enter the Email of the Atlassian account or choose log in with Goggle. If I enter the Email/username of my Atlassian account and press next, the program apparently thinks this is in fact a Google address and next goes to the Google login screen.

If I enter anyting other than my Atlassian Email address, I'm presented next with a field to enter the password. 

How do I log in with my Atlassian account, i.e., how do I avoid defaulting to a Google login and instead get the option of entering my Atlassian password? I've verified that the Email/username and password work on the Atlassian website.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Hi Marcus,

This generally happens if your e-mail domain uses JIRA Cloud and claims the domain for use in Google. Depending on your domain, this might have to be taken up with your IT Administrators, as they might be using Atlassian account + Google integration.

Thanks,

Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events