Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble opening Sourcetree?

Colin Bannister January 7, 2020

I use a Lenovo laptop connected to external monitors through the display adaptor Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. This runs Windows 10 64 bit. Following an update to this adaptor driver SourceTree does not open any longer.

I have uninstalled SourceTree and re-installed, trying different version but the install only creates the shortcut and an entry in the Add / Remove programs.

When I disable the display adaptor (so I can only use the laptop screen), SourceTree will install and will run as expected. 

As soon as I re-enable the display adaptor, SourceTree will not start. I have tried many different things including uninstalling and re-installing an earlier version of the display adaptor driver. Replacing the driver with the standard Microsoft driver does allow Sourcetree to work but I can only use the laptop screen.

Having checked the Windows event viewer, there is the following error reported:

Faulting application name: SourceTree.exe, version: 3.2.6.3544, time stamp: 0x5d56ef8a
Faulting module name: igd9dxva64.dll, version: 26.20.100.6890, time stamp: 0x5cddff6d

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Bannister January 8, 2020

Eventually, I uninstalled the Display Adaptor driver, went to the Intel driver web site and downloaded the latest driver installer for the adaptor.

I had previously tried this before the holidays without success but this time it seems to have worked and Sourcetree is now working.

0 votes
ldwight January 7, 2020

I'm on Mac 10.14.6 - Sourcetree was working a few days ago (been using it for over a year) and now it can't login to my GitHub account.

I'd hate to uninstall....

Any ideas?

ldwight January 9, 2020

****** update

a little embarrassing, but hopefully will help someone in future

just before the holidays, I offered to review code for a friend, and was required to move to two-factor auth.

So, although I could login to GitHub w/username/pw, needed to change SourceTree SignIn to use the token instead.

Clearly it had been more than "a few days", but I blame the bubbly for that.

0 votes
Javier González January 7, 2020

I've similiar issue.

I think there is a trouble with the last Windows update 2019-KB4533002.

If it is uninstalled Sourcetree works correctly, but when restarting the laptop, Windows automatically re-install the update and Sourcetree doesn't start.

Could you check this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events