Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a git working copy located on sshfs volume

Seth Kinast February 19, 2013

I have a second drive mounted (via sshfs) and am trying to add a working copy of a git repo located on the volume.

I add the bookmark and paste in the path /Volumes/Desktop/repos/src/foo-repo

The indicator appears below the field "This is a Git repository", so I know things are working okay up to this point.

When I click Add, the repo appears in my bookmarks, but its status icons (e.g. branch) do not appear.

When I open the repo from my bookmarks, I receive the error:

'git status' failed with code 128:'fatal: Could not chdir to '../../src/foo-repo': No such file or directory
'

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

Hi there,

Unfortunately working with network mounted volumes for managing your repositories is problematic. It's slow and causes corruptions. They basically 'sort-of' work. This isn't to do with SourceTree, it's a network file system issue where operations cause corruptions due to the underlying protocol. Your repository usually is successfully identified, but anything after that can cause problems and it's impossible for us to be able to cater for the problems resolving around the underlying tech.

This issue has been reported quite a lot, the best solution is to instead rsync your files to the remote volume as I'm assuming you're using it for testing? Then once it's worked you can commit from there. There's other options too, but that's the simplest.

Hope that helps, if not, feel free to ask more questions!

Seth Kinast February 20, 2013

Yes, it's a test box sitting under my desk. rsync it is, then! It's a Linux box or I would just run SourceTree there, but I'm too spoiled to want to do all my merging and stuff via command line :)

0 votes
thecotne April 28, 2015

you can use expandrive sourcetree works with it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events