Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add sourcetree login to trustworthy sites

Alexander Nieß January 8, 2018

Dear Support-Team,

I currently updated Sourcetree on a Win7 PC and i'm not able to login, the login process is stuck after entering the password. Are there any relevant URLs that i need to add to the Windows trustworthy sites? I added a few i found online and with them i am able to start the login process (beforehand it wasnt even possible to start the login process)

best regards

Alexander

Edit: changed Sourceforge to Sourcetree

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Alexander! Sourceforge is not one of our products, so I'm wondering if you meant Sourcetree instead?

In the case of Sourcetree for Windows, it requires to have Internet Explorer updated to the latest version, as it relies on it for authentication. You might also need to do the following:

• Turn off compatibility mode in IE. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
  • Check Delete personal settings
  • Change your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.

If you're still having issues, let us know and send us a screenshot so we can continue helping you. 

Regards!

Ana

Alexander Nieß January 8, 2018

Thanks for the reply, of course i meant Sourcetree, My current problem is that i'm not allowed to change the overall settings (locked by the domain group policy). So my only option is to add the respective sites necessary for login to my trustworthy sites.

Edit: After a few reboots and login approaches, Sourcetree immediately started with my account logged in. Even though not a single login approach worked. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events