Accessing Safari safe browsing cache?

kraybit April 20, 2019

Hello!

Just created a brand new local repository. This happened immediately when the window for it opened:

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 15.33.15 .png

Transcript:

[A dialogue-box on top of repository window]

'hg status' failed with code 255:'abort: Operation not permitted: '/Users/oscar/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari.SafeBrowsing' 

Ehm, wut? As I closed the dialogue box, it kept reopening for a few times. Should I be concerned?

Kind regards

/Oscar

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kraybit April 23, 2019

Ok, it's human error.

Turns out I accidentally made my entire home folder into a repos, so obviously it tried to go through ALL my files, including files with special permissions. I guess the fact the safe browsing cache has special permissions is actually reassuring : )

Note: I thought the name of the repos would be added to the path, when creating a new repos. That's how it happened.

Cheers!

1 vote
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hi @kraybit,

We haven't had any reports of this before. The 'status' command is used with Mercurial to get the current information about the repository. The error shown is coming directly from Mercurial. Does it still occur if you switch from "Embedded Mercurial" to "System Mercurial" in the preferences?

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

kraybit April 23, 2019

Thanks for your reply Brian. I found the "bug", see other answer. Thanks again.

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

@kraybit, glad to hear you found the root cause. Thanks for updating and sharing the solution!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events