Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A specific file in a project shows changes when there are none (russian language file.)

Sean Cox January 2, 2015

Repo here: https://github.com/4o66/KSP-Mod-Admin-aOS/tree/dev

File path: KSP-Mod-Admin-aOS\KSPModAdmin\Languages\KSPMA.rus.lang

This file is a translation file for localization. It always shows changes, for all lines deleted (highlighted in red.) There are no changes to file. External diff using WinDiff shows files are exactly the same.

I have tried deleting the repo from sourcetree, and local disk, followed by a re-fork on github, and re-download of the fork. Without touching any files, this file still shows changes.

Help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sean Cox January 6, 2015

So the end result: shenanigans with CR/LF Windows vs. Linux.

After toggling the core.autocrlf setting and committing to fix the line ending issue, this has ceased to be an issue.

0 votes
Sean Cox January 5, 2015

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 01-05-15 at 10.52 AM.PNG

Checked my WinMerge settings (misspoke earlier when I said WinDiff.) and the Whitespace is NOT being ignored. (setting is Compare whitespace, no ignores are checked.)

Also doublechecked using Notepad++, there are no non-printing characters present in the file other than the CR/LF and the end of each line (except the last line.)

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2015

This probably isn't the case, considering that you've re-cloned the repository, but whitespace changes and file permission changes can both appear like empty diffs (if you have WinDiff configured to ignore whitespace as well). Can you post a screenshot of the diff panel in SourceTree?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2015

Please see other possible causes here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11968620

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events