A specific file in a project shows changes when there are none (russian language file.)

Repo here: https://github.com/4o66/KSP-Mod-Admin-aOS/tree/dev

File path: KSP-Mod-Admin-aOS\KSPModAdmin\Languages\KSPMA.rus.lang

This file is a translation file for localization. It always shows changes, for all lines deleted (highlighted in red.) There are no changes to file. External diff using WinDiff shows files are exactly the same.

I have tried deleting the repo from sourcetree, and local disk, followed by a re-fork on github, and re-download of the fork. Without touching any files, this file still shows changes.

Help?

3 answers

1 accepted

So the end result: shenanigans with CR/LF Windows vs. Linux.

After toggling the core.autocrlf setting and committing to fix the line ending issue, this has ceased to be an issue.

This probably isn't the case, considering that you've re-cloned the repository, but whitespace changes and file permission changes can both appear like empty diffs (if you have WinDiff configured to ignore whitespace as well). Can you post a screenshot of the diff panel in SourceTree?

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 01-05-15 at 10.52 AM.PNG

Checked my WinMerge settings (misspoke earlier when I said WinDiff.) and the Whitespace is NOT being ignored. (setting is Compare whitespace, no ignores are checked.)

Also doublechecked using Notepad++, there are no non-printing characters present in the file other than the CR/LF and the end of each line (except the last line.)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

563 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you