Potential bug using LFS in SourceTree (Windows)

Darko Velickovic December 25, 2019

Hello everybody!
Today my colleagues and myself ran into a problem with SourceTree (v 3.2.6) on Windows.
Setups involved in testing were Windows 10 Pro (x64) and Linux (Ubuntu 18.04).

Project has two remote repos one on GitHub and one on BitBucket.
Colleague added a larger file (~90mb) on Linux through git lfs (through git CLI v2.17.1) a file and pushed it successfully on GitHub LFS.
On Windows, i tried to pull the change locally through SourceTree UI (selecting GitHub remote when pulling) and this failed with smudge error [404] Object not found on the server.

This error seemed incorrect because we could clone the project both on Linux and Windows with the said file being downloaded.

So we concluded that there was something wrong with SourceTree pull (also rebase did not work). One thing to mention, BitBucket remote was set as default track remote origin in SourceTree.

The fix was to change track remote to be GitHub. After selecting GitHub and pulling everything worked fine.

As a user, i would expect that by selecting to PULL from some remote it does not matter what remote I track in the app ( i would expect the pull to work from GitHub because i selected the remote in the menu).
This seems to be a bug? Or am i mistaken?

Thanks!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events