Detecting local changes on both Windows and macOS are terrible in the latest SourceTree releases

macOS used to be just fine until the recent 2.6.x series, it is slow to never showing local file changes or refreshing after pushing commits. The indicators on the repo browser don't refresh like they used to. 

Windows has been a pig and terrible ever since early betas but it's the worst I've seen it now with the latest release. Even switching around tabs will not refresh the local repo to show the list of changes and that a commit is needed. I have to click the menu option to refresh remotes for even the local changes to appear.

SourceTree, while free, and thankful for that, is vital to developers and if we miss commits it costs us time, releasing bad builds possibly without fixes we think are in the build, all of this you know.

I hope ST turns around and improves upon these critical areas or I'll have to find something else which I dread doing because I love ST!

---

macOS 2.6.3

Windows 2.3.1

0 comments

Comment

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

570 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you