Broken Windows SourceTree 2.1.2.5 with Embedded Git 2.12.2 + git-lfs v2.0.2

Jason_Armistead June 14, 2017

SourceTree told me there was a newer version available, so I updated t o 2.1.2.5

Then I saw under Tools -> Options -> Git that there was a newer Embedded Git available, so I updated to 2.12.2 with git-lfs v.2.0.2

Now SourceTree is broken and I can't clone a remote repository.

This is the error I get:

git -c filter.lfs.smudge= -c filter.lfs.required=false -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=manager-st clone --branch master --recursive http://User@server:7990/scm/xxx/yyy.git D:\zzz\yyy
Cloning into 'D:\zzz\yyy'...
warning: templates not found C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\share\git-core\templates

fatal: TypeInitializationException encountered.
The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Alm.Cli.Program' threw an exception.

The fatal error appears after a few seconds.

In my local repository, there are a few files, i.e.  config and HEAD, plus sub-folders called objects and refs

In the objects\pack folder is a file tmp_pack_yy2paa

I have several git.exe processes still active, as well as one git-remote-http.exe processes in Task Manager.

Any ideas ???

8 comments

Codespartan June 16, 2017

I also get this error " The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Alm.Cli.Program' threw an exception.", although it doesn't seem to affect sourcetree's behavior for me.

Yon Glory Kyaw July 20, 2017

+1

Eder Côrtes June 21, 2017

+1

Robrecht Siera June 29, 2017

+1

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi, judging by the namespace that is the Git Credentials Manager for Windows, or GCM, that is crashing.

From the Terminal you can try running

>git credential-manager version

This will tell the version of the GCM that is being run.

Additionally if you set the environment variable GCM_TRACE=true and try running the clone you should see additional loggng from the GCM.

It might be best to raise an issue at https://jira.atlassian.com as its easier to collate the information there.

Jason_Armistead July 24, 2017

git credential-manager version replies with "1.9.1"

Yon Glory Kyaw July 20, 2017

me too

Annaqeeb July 21, 2017

+1

Asbjørn Mikkelsen August 8, 2017

So this is related to sourcetree?, my eventlog is flooded with these messages.

What does it help that I also have version 1.9.1 of credential manager? (And it's not possible to update the embedded git, since it's always crashing.

Should we upgrade to v1.12.0 from github?, if it's compatible with sourcetree?

Asbjørn Mikkelsen August 8, 2017

Ok, this is crap.

I installed the newest Credential manager, 1.12, and still had the errors in my eventlog, then I tried "git pull" on the commandline, and credential manager asked me for the password, just of sudden... 

After entering the correct credential for the repository, everything seemed fine, no more errors in eventlog, so the unneeded flodding stopped.

But, now Sourcetree reports:

"

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=manager-st fetch origin

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c lfs.customtransfer.bitbucket-media-api.path=git-lfs-bitbucket-media-api -c credential.helper=manager-st pull origin master

"

I guess it's better to start learning commandline or other tools, sourcetree is giving too much problems.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events