Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Applying Stash Issues

So I'm having issues with the latest version of SourceTree (4.0.2). I'm currently on Big Sur, but I've had the same problem with Catalina and with previous versions of SourceTree.

The basic issue is that I create a stash on a branch and then at some point in time later on I come back to it and attempt to apply it back to the same branch.

When I do so I often get an error message that states that I have some uncommitted files in my branch that would be overwritten by the stash and that I should commit them first.

I'd be happy to do so... BUT THERE ARE NO UNCOMMITTED FILES IN THE BRANCH.

Do a command-R to refresh the branch and it shows as clean.

If I drop down to the command line and do a `git stash apply stash@{0}` (for the correct stash) it appears to apply correctly.

SourceTree seems unable to accomplish the same thing. Attempt apply, get error, and nothing is applied.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

4,272 views 4 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you