Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

After every Update, SourceTree always enables sending of usage data

Hello community,

I don't know if noone realized it or if this is an accepted behaviour, but everytime when SourceTree updates itself, the checkbox "Help improve SourceTree by sending data about your usage" is enabled.

Unfortunately it is common today to enable this option in programs by default after install. But the user usually has the choice to deactivate it and then it remains deactivated.

Not SourceTree. It enables it by default after every (of course very recommended) update. In my eyes intolerable and an absolute NoGo! Someone who don't want to send the data and don't know, that this setting is reset after every update, is ignored by the tool and sends his data to Atlassian the next time.

Please tell me your opinion and if it is a known problem (or feature??).

Regards,

Christian

2 comments

bgannin Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2017

What platform are you using?

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

I'm Using a 64bit Win10 Enterprise, version 1703.

Current SourceTree version 2.1.2.5

I upgraded today to 2.1.10.0

Again, the checkbox "Help improve SourceTree by sending data about your usage" is enabled after the installation.

bgannin Atlassian Team Aug 25, 2017

Please file a ticket and we'll take a look for a future update. Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Bug Fix: Sourcetree for Windows authentication error when updating to app password

Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...

79,116 views 135 29
Read article

Atlassian Community Events