Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree is no longer supported...what is a good alternative?

tony June 11, 2020

For over a year we have been having trouble with Sourcetree. I have talked to atlassian support whom have indicated that Sourcetree is not longer supported and not even controlled by atlassian. What is a good alternative to move too? Can the community have access to the source code?

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
AHP July 29, 2020

Hi Toni,

This recent thread here suggests that Atlassian does control the application...

cheers,
Horst

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2020

Hi,

is there any official news regarding what you stated? A blog post, related update in community or something? When HipChat (for example) was discontinued there was a clear communication about it.

In other words: not even from https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ I could not see anything related - for me a bit confusing.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
AHP August 4, 2020

Hey Tony :)
really sorry for mistyping your name...

You're right that most of the answers come from community members - but hey, that's what the community is for, right? As long as we help each other, there is still hope that a product/tool like Sourcetree could be successfully used.

And if Atlassian doesn't hear and follow the voices of its customers, I believe they will have a tough stand in the market and others will take over their success...

cheers,
Horst

0 votes
tony July 31, 2020

Not an attention to detail person? Tony because I'm a male and because thats how its written. The Atlassian engineer I talked to says work done to SourceTree is done by people that are not Atlassian employees. When is the last time you seen an Atlassian representative post an answer to any question? All of the responses or answers to questions are answered by community members like you and I.

Regards,

Tony with a "y" ;)

0 votes
tony July 6, 2020

Nothing official. I was told by an Atlassian engineer that it was not supported. Atlassian doesn't control the application.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events