Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree is no longer supported...what is a good alternative? Edited

For over a year we have been having trouble with Sourcetree. I have talked to atlassian support whom have indicated that Sourcetree is not longer supported and not even controlled by atlassian. What is a good alternative to move too? Can the community have access to the source code?

2 comments

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 03, 2020

Hi,

is there any official news regarding what you stated? A blog post, related update in community or something? When HipChat (for example) was discontinued there was a clear communication about it.

In other words: not even from https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ I could not see anything related - for me a bit confusing.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like RW FW likes this

Nothing official. I was told by an Atlassian engineer that it was not supported. Atlassian doesn't control the application.

Hi Toni,

This recent thread here suggests that Atlassian does control the application...

cheers,
Horst

Not an attention to detail person? Tony because I'm a male and because thats how its written. The Atlassian engineer I talked to says work done to SourceTree is done by people that are not Atlassian employees. When is the last time you seen an Atlassian representative post an answer to any question? All of the responses or answers to questions are answered by community members like you and I.

Regards,

Tony with a "y" ;)

Hey Tony :)
really sorry for mistyping your name...

You're right that most of the answers come from community members - but hey, that's what the community is for, right? As long as we help each other, there is still hope that a product/tool like Sourcetree could be successfully used.

And if Atlassian doesn't hear and follow the voices of its customers, I believe they will have a tough stand in the market and others will take over their success...

cheers,
Horst

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

108 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you