Installation of SourceTree cannot be completed because of problem while Log in with Atlassian Id

Christian Schubert August 8, 2017

I've tried to install SourceTree (2.1.2.5) on Windows 7 several times over the last two days. It always gives the message "We've encountered a problem. Please try again in a few minutes." in step "Atlassian account" (see attached screenshot). I try to login with my Atlassian Id. Id and password are correct (I've used the same to login to ask this question).

What is the problem that has been encountered? When will this problem be fixed?

Capture.PNG

23 answers

6 votes
Noam Lugasi August 23, 2017

To every one, try "Reset your Internet Explorer Settings" in IE internet option advanced tab, also check "Delete personal settings"

WengerMatthias August 24, 2017

It works! Thank you very much!

Osvaldo Mercado Coss August 24, 2017

Worked for me!

Prathamesh Raje August 25, 2017

Worked for me too!

Saurabh Kerkar August 26, 2017

Worked for me!! Cheers!

Emil Sylvest Jensen September 18, 2017

Didn't work for me

Pietri October 13, 2017

Worked for me as well, thank you very much. c:

Stephan W September 18, 2018

Worked for us

5 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2017

Hello everyone, could you try the following workaround:

1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again
  7. After loggin in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.
WengerMatthias August 25, 2017

Changing the security level didn´t solve the problem.
I´m very disappointed that the atlassian team couldn´t fix the problem within 17 days.

As Noam Lugasi said, reseting the IE is the solution.

jgieseler August 28, 2017

Lowering the IE security settings worked for me! Thanks.

Andy Hooper August 29, 2017

Worked for me as well.
New installation of Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit.

Wayne Hans August 29, 2017

Changing IE security worked for me as well!

Tobias Kern August 31, 2017

Hello community,

this also was the solution for me. I had those issues using a Windows 10 x64 with IE version 11 and SourceTree version 2.1.10.0.

Edit:

On the other hand, a colleague of mine faced the same issue and we were however not able to solve it with any of these steps mentioned above. Quite strange! And also very disappointing from Atlassian! It's nearly a month gone since this issue has been posted the first time and nothing has changed! My colleague has a computer with the same OS and IE and also has tried the new installer version 2.1.11.0, but that couldn't help either!

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Unfortunately at the moment we are restricted by the default .NET/WPF WebView for the registration process and this relies on IE and its settings.

We are investigating alternatives at the moment,

Samuel Sosina September 11, 2017

This worked for me!

John Bagagem October 12, 2017

Having a "related" issue.
During the install process, I get to "Altassian account", select "Existing account" and nothing is displayed. 

Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Installing: SourceTreeSetup-2.3.1.0.exe
sourcetree.PNG

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2017

Hi @John Bagagem! The one you're reporting is a different issue. That one has been reported in our bug tracker at SRCTREEWIN-7244. This workaround seems to be working for most of the users:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Note that in order to be in compliance with the Atlassian EULA you must ensure the email address used in the file is valid, yours and associated with a valid Atlassian account.

In the meantime, our developers continue to work with the id.atlassian.com team to implement a proper fix.

Let us know if it worked for you!  

Cheers,

Ana

Frédéric MICHELETTI December 20, 2017

Working like a charm !

Thank you :)

Frédéric MICHELETTI December 20, 2017

Works like a charm !

Thanks mate :)

Cheers.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2017

Glad to hear that @Frédéric MICHELETTI!

Have a good day :)

Ana

Somepotato_NA May 12, 2018

This didn't resolve the issue for me. I did some debugging and even though the error message is provided in the response AJAX message, it's not displayed in the UI (why?)

The error is "Origin header required." Not currently sure hwo to force IE to send this, starting to wish the install size increased by 50MB to embed CEF or Chromium.

1 vote
SeiyaOE October 4, 2017

Hi All.
Same Here,but it's working.

I tried....
Internet Options (or Internet Properties) -> [Advanced] tab
`Security
` Do not save encrypted pages to disk (uncheck the checkbox)

IE : 11 (11.0.9600.18792)
SourceTree : Ver. 1.9.6.1, 2.3.1.0
etc : domain network, under proxy, with anti-virus software

I hope this helps.

Jan-Peter Richter November 14, 2017

helped for me, at last! - after several hours of trials and googling.

I found several hints what to try and some of them were reported to work, but none of the worked for me :-(

It appears that the authentication procedure in the installer is completely broken since it is based on some obscure IE feature that works under certain conditions only :-(

Thanks a lot!

1 vote
Adam Bolton August 16, 2017

I have also experienced this issue.

I am on Windows 7, can log in on chrome but the application delivers the same error message as shown above.

Also tried earlier version of source tree. Urgent issue as I need it for work.  

1 vote
Karel Toledo August 14, 2017

I have the same issue since yesterday on Windows 10. I am able to log in via website on Opera but I can't do it on desktop sourcetree app. I am using latest version: SourceTreeSetup-2.1.10.0.exe 

Jerry Patel August 8, 2018

Using Netspot, you can create a Wireless Survey, you can even check your SNR, SNI and can even check for Signal strength. This is a great tool for fine tuning network issues and analyzing wireless networks.

1 vote
Noemi Viegas August 14, 2017

I also have the same problem.

Win7 x64 with SP1.

Using a domain network as well.

Login works in all web browsers but not with the application.

IE 11.0.9600.18314

0 votes
Morten Grøtan October 4, 2017

I have a related problem, with the latest 2.3.1 release.

I just get a white page where the login page is to be shown in the installer.

Fiddler reports that several web requests have succeeded, among them some js/css files.
Right-clicking the window, I can view the source. If I save that source to a physical ".html" file and run that, I can see the login screen, but it doesn't work (obviously).

For what it's worth, I can log in to the web just fine, using IE11 with the same URL that I get from the properties of the blank login page.

I'm under an enterprise regime, and can't change any IE settings. Have tried deleting temp files etc., but no luck.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2017

Hi

we are currently working on this issue. Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7244 for updates and workarounds.

0 votes
hidaki honda September 28, 2017

I solved it in the following way.

Internet Explorer > Internet Options > General > Browsing history Settings

Set the storage location of temporary files somewhere in the folder.

0 votes
Vadim August 24, 2017

Confirm. Thanks

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2017

Hello everyone, our identity team is still working on this issue. However, if you're having this problem, could you try changing your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings

WengerMatthias August 23, 2017

I changed the security zone settings from high/middle to middle. But the error still appears during the installation.

0 votes
Darren Mylrea August 23, 2017

I'm having the same issues as everyone else.  When will this be addressed?

0 votes
Vadim August 23, 2017

Same here.

Tried 2.1.10.0, 1.9.9.20 and 1.9.5.0 - same result for evry version.

Is there any workeround until you fix it?

0 votes
Osvaldo Mercado Coss August 22, 2017

Same issue with: Win7 Pro / 64bit / SP1.

Tried with SourceTree versions 2.1.10 and 2.0.20.

Any updates in here?

0 votes
Saurabh Kerkar August 22, 2017

Same Issue.

Windows 7 professional - 64 Bit

Login works on IE and Chrome.

Using Corporate or Personal Network.

Trying to install Sourcetree 2.1.10.0

0 votes
Noam Lugasi August 21, 2017

Same Here , domain network , windows 10, latest source tree 2.1.10.0.
Why you need this window before the program is installed i dont get it
why during the install i tries to download the emmbeded git client without including it with the sourcetree install itself and dont have any proxy settings for it to succed , i dont get it.

0 votes
David Ensikat August 20, 2017

Same issue here. Windows Server 2016 (Amazon Workspace). We installed it successfully a few weeks ago, now it won't install for anyone.

Looking at a wireshark trace it looks like its fine from a network perspective (http 200 when talking to authentication endpoints).

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2017

Hello! It looks like the issues are coming from the identity website. We're working with the team to figure out what the problem is.

0 votes
Prathamesh Raje August 11, 2017

Having the same issue on Windows 10. Able to log in via the website on IE. Can't log in via the SourceTree application.

Domain network

Windows 10 1607

Sourcetree 1.10.15.4

Sourcetree 2.1.10.0

IE 11.1480.14393.0

Any resolution would be appreciated.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Just to remove the focus on the latest verison of Sourcetree, I initially tried installing v2.1.2.5 and had the same issue as above.

My company had saved the install for v2.0.20.1 so I tried it and got exactly the same issue, so it isn't something with the new version causing this problem, if that helps.

As a temporary workaround, I have successfully installed GitHub Desktop so am able to do all the I need until this is resolved.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2017

Hi

Just to let you know, we are investigating but as yet we've not managed to reproduce the problem.

Any additional information would be very useful. As I understand it the environment is as follows.

• Win 7
    • 64 or 32 bit?
    • SP1 ?
  • IE
    • All version 11?
  • Are there any proxy servers etc in use?

2.1.2.5 has been out for some weeks, but we seem to have a spate of these questions, has anythign changed in Win 7 land?

WengerMatthias August 10, 2017

Win7 64bit and SP1.

Christian Schubert August 11, 2017

For me it is also Win7Pro 64bit with SP1.

Usually I'm connected to the corporate network and expect that there is something like a proxy. But same problem at home without any proxy. It is also no difference if connected via VPN or not.

Christian Schubert August 11, 2017

BTW: I've used the same installer SourceTreeSetup-2.1.2.5.exe on Win10 64bit without problems.

0 votes
WengerMatthias August 8, 2017

The same problem here. I use IE 11.0.9600 and downloaded the current version 2.1.2.5.1502111015 of SourceTreeSetup.

Please help.

0 votes
Christopher Michaels August 8, 2017

I have the same issue since yesterday with sourcetree 2.2.20.1. I Tried logging into  web portal using IE and it works fine. Looks mor like the application issue. Please help us.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
August 8, 2017

Hi Christian, just to check can you login directly to Atlassian account https://id.atlassian.com using IE? SourceTree relies on the WPF web view that relies on IE. Please let us know the result!

Regards,

Ana 

Christian Schubert August 8, 2017

Hello Ana, thank you for your Reply. I can successfully login to Atlassian account https://id.atlassian.com using IE11. Trying to finish the installation of SourceTree with the same credentials still failes.

Regards,
Christian

Prathamesh Raje August 11, 2017

Sorry, double posted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events