Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

✨ New Year... New Day... New ACE ✨

Mine and @Fun Man Andy's new years resolution this year is to bring ACE Rotterdam more amazing topics and events throughout 2023! We're hoping to host a series of in-person, hybrid and purely virtual events so that there's a little something for all our members 💙

So I hope you'll join us in support of our first event of the year...

🎙️ Automating Issue creation in Jira Cloud using Python on January 12 @ 4pm CET 🎙️

We're back with a bang and joining ACE Cologne, Galway, Boise and Sofia with special guest speaker @David Renton to bring you this fantastic session.

Register here >> https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-rotterdam-presents-automating-issue-creation-in-jira-cloud-using-python/

💭 Want to know more? 

Well, David will present a walk through of his JiraScripting repository that he uses to automate the creation of Jira Cloud issues. The repository is written in 🐍 Python and moves from basic API calls to intermediate use cases chaining commands to create full projects from excel inputs. David will outline the challenges and learnings gathered along the way.

Don't worry, no previous Python experience is necessary to start, should you wish to extend the functions provided, you will need some Python/general programming knowledge.

The JiraScripting project is built in a way that is easy to follow and uses the most basic of Python commands, in the hopes the project can be used as a baseline for any further development by anyone in the community that has a need to complete a task that is not already covered.

We hope you consider using this project, improving on what is available, and sharing your inventions with the community!

1 comment

Comment

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

I'm registered for this event at ACE Cologne.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events