Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh login to AWS instance created by Bamboo Ondemand

Karel Bemelmans December 11, 2013

I've been trying to configure Bamboo Ondemand to use AWS instances, but so far it's been quite a pain. First I had to set the region to US East, because for the EUR region I would not see any instance images available.

Now I've managed to launch a instance (type ami-a30b44ca) but I am not able to ssh into it. This line is giving me login refushed error every time, even when I try usernames like ubuntu, bamboo or root (I've obfusciated the hostname):

ssh -i /data/jirastudio/bamboo/home/xml-data/configuration/elasticbamboo.pk ec2-user@ec2-xx-xx-xx-xx.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it? Because right now the build server works, but I cannot connect to it to see what's actually going on with the files.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I found the problem with the Ubuntu image not starting the Bamboo agent: there was a problem in /etc/rc.local that broke the script:

cp -a /home/ubuntu/.ssh /home/ec2-user/.ssh

should be

cp -a /home/ubuntu/.ssh/* /home/ec2-user/.ssh

That fixed it for me atleast.

0 votes

I ofcourse did that. What turned out to be was that not all of the images listed by Bamboo had a login that worked, but after trying a few I managed to login.

On a sidenode, when I tried the Ubuntu image I could login (with root@) but no Bamboo java install was done on the server. So it was up and running, but not usable for Bamboo.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2013

You need to download https://nascom.atlassian.net/builds/admin/elastic/getPkFile.actionto your local drive and use it in the ssh command instead of -i /data/etc .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events