Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rollback after upgarde

Din Hereqi October 30, 2012

Hi All

Do you know how i can rollback a backup, which went wrong?

Before the upgrade started the systemn creted a buckup XXXX.zip

Thanks for you help

2 answers

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Din

If you know whare this file is, just install a new trial JIRA istance (same old version) and try to import it. In case you don't have it, perhaps you should raise a support ticket in order to find a better option.

I believe that you'll have to clone the database and fix the upgrade in a second instance.

cheers,

Paulo Renato

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2012

Er, which system?

Generally, though, it's remove the data for the current (broken) system, remove the upgrade and go back to the previous installation, run that with no data and then look for "backup/restore" and re-import the backup.

Din Hereqi October 30, 2012

Hi

Thanks for your feedback
I didi today a upgrade of conflunce 4.2 to conflunce 4.3 and now i'd like to rollback to the old version

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2012

Ok, that's pretty much covered by my generic answer.

Find the backup file and put it somewhere safe. Stop, and then uninstall Confluence 4.3. Drop all tables from the database. Re-install Confluence 4.2. Log into it and look for the "import backup" option in the admin screens.

Have a quick look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Site+Backup+and+Restore

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events