"Issue/question links" for Atlassian Answers?

Hey,

I was just wondering if there are any plans on offering the ability to link different questions. It just happens once in a while, that questions are being closed and marked as "duplicate" sending you on your way trying to locate the "original" question.

In other cases you know that similar questions (sometimes already answered) are around and the only possibility to point to those questions is to add a comment or an answer. Wouldn't it be nice if you had sth. like JIRA's "issue links" displaying the different links right away? Just a thought and not a request:-)

Cheers Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Great request. It's a lovely trend that JIRA and Confluence have introduced features that we now need to bring over to Answers! I raised it as a feature request a while back:

Add Remote Issue Linking to Answers

Actually I had been thinking about it for going from Answers to Knowledge Base articles, documentation, developer tutorials (all Confluence) or bugs (JIRA), but it'd work between answers and other answers too. Then, ideally, you'd be able to Remote Issue Link from a JIRA bug/feature to the related Answers post.

By the way I'm still the only one who has voted for the issue so come on guys...

That would be very nice indeed. Let's see what the future holds:-)

This widget could not be displayed.

Completely agree with this. In my case I always indicate the original question right after the duplicate question message, but it doesn't force you. Maybe just adding a field asking for the link to the other answer would be enough.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

176 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you