Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jUnit test results

James Rogers January 26, 2014

I want to publish jUnit test results. Is using an Atlassian product a good way? What product?

2 answers

0 votes
James Barwick February 17, 2014

The answer:

install an 'instrumentation' in the android manifest for the 'missing junit xml generator' from GitHub.

Google it.

Then after the instrumentation is installed, you can run:

ant emma instrument install test fetch

The last 'fetch' is a custom.properties target to pull the XML files from the emulator

Then, in the Ant build job, you can optionally turn off the 'this build produced junit test results' and use the extra JUnit Parser, or just ust the Test results from the Ant job itself.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Bamboo could be a solution for you. Once the JUnit's are executed as tasks, you could make them artifacts. You can then deploy them using Bamboo's depolyment funcitonality.

James Barwick February 11, 2014

couple of things:

1) I dont know what "JUnit's are executed as tasks" means. I know what a task is. I can run "Ant", but I guess you mean "Execute JUnit test cases with 'ant test'".

2) Various projects including "Deployment Projects"...wow! Lot's of information to obsorb. I wish there was a "Quick Start Guide" that just told me what to do. I really hate guessing.

Since I found the Android instrument for producing JUnit test results in XML, and have finally figured out how to use Ant to fetch the results from the emulator, and finally figured out how to use the JUnit Parser in Bamboo, I got 'something'....but still not sure if this is 'best practice'.

When buying bamboo, you should be 'told what to do' instead of trying to figure it out. Why does everyone have to recreate the wheel? Let's get best practices out there. Bamboo and Atlassian should differentiate itself from Jenkins/Hudson. Don't make people PAY to figure out how to use your software (Atlassian University). You should invest in this training for customers and remove the roadblocks to customer adoption.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events