getting points from my old ID

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Hi experts,

I am getting this:

Your activity is currently limited because you've commented, answered or asked a question 3 times in the past 24 hours. These limits apply until you earn 25 points, then you can ask, answer and comment as much as you like.

I had plenty of points on my old ID and I changed jobs (yes I use my work ID, maybe I should consider changing to my private) now I cannot even compliment some of the great answers I have been given.

Is there a way if I can prove that the ID's are the same person (exact same picture for one thing) to get my points on my old ID into the new one?

Just curious,

Thanks,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

Hey Robert,

I Recall who you are based on other answer posts that helped me in the past laugh (nice material btw). So regarding that there are good news and bad news.

The good news are, Confluence question's developers are working on a bounty system (probably similar to what we had previously in the old answers). I don't saw any official posts mentioning that however I can confirm this theory based on this charming AO table we can see on the Confluence database:

image2015-8-6 15:37:44.png

Once that feature is fully implemented all you would need to do is to log as your previous id and ask a question giving all your Karma as bounty, so once you reply with your personal account you can mark that as "answered" and hence giving all the karma to the new account.

The bad news is that you probably no longer have that password so you lost those points forever, as I don't believe you would be able to request atlassian to transfer those sad.

I usually don't give like's away to people, however I went in some of your questions and gave a few likes so you can at least like other posts as I know the quality of your question and replies you gave in the past laugh.

Good luck farming those points again buddy.

Thanks and Regards,
Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2015

Thank you! You made my day. :-D, actually I gave my password to the old company and they may have changed it, as everything I did was company oriented, but no worries I now can ask/answer questions as needed. The main reason I wanted points was to thank people, mark questions as answered, etc., and now I can do that. Thanks so much again! Robert - The guy that uses Confluence/JIRA on Linux but did used to work at Dell on Windows so...

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2015

Hi Robert,

We had a colleague that had trhe same problem, actually he moved to another company and he would like to have his points. However that wasn't possible to do. sad

Cheers,

WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events