bitbucket roadmap - pull request revert button?

Is there a plan to add a 'Revert' button to merged pull requests in bibucket as github now has (

This would be very useful for continuous integration / deployment workflows (especially as I can't revert a merge commit in sourcetree).

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Oliver,

Atlassian doesn't typically announce roadmap features ahead of time, but I can show you how to revert a merge commit in SourceTree. You have two options:

If the merge commit is already published and others may have pulled it:

You should create a reverse patch by right-clicking on the commit in the SourceTree log view and selecting "Reverse commit...".

If the merge commit is unpublished (or you're working by yourself) and is the most recent commit:

You could reset your branch to the commit before the merge occurred (removing the merge from history) by right-clicking on the commit that you want to make the new head of your branch and selecting "Reset <branchname> to this commit".

You can't actually revert merge commit in Sourcetree because the Reverse commit command doesn't add the -m parameter.

Ah, my bad. I've voted for the issue :)

The best option is to revert the merge manually then, as you suggested in the linked question.

In the meantime, you could raise a feature request for reverting PRs in the Bitbucket issue tracker:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

236 views 5 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot