Wildcards in Artifact locations and Working Sub Directory

I'm trying to set up many similar plans.
In order to copy them and not have to change all of them manually I want to use wildcards in directory names.

Eg. Two projects gba-vst-protokoll and gba-vst-psn both have webapps but with different names.
vstprotokoll-webapp and vstpsn-webapp.

In the compile Stage of the plans I want to publish an artifact containing the target directory of the webapp folder using an Artifact:

Name: webapp-target
Copy Pattern: */
Shared: true

The build fails with this message:

Unable to publish artifact [webapp-target]: the source directory 
does not exist.

If I go to the server I can successfully reach the directory and see the expected content:

$ cd /home/bamboo/bamboo.home/xml-data/build-dir/GBA-PROTOKOLL-COMPILE/gba-vst-protokoll/*-webapp/target

$ pwd

$ ls
classes  generated-sources

Edit: If I set the Location to vstprotokoll-webapp/target then the build runs (so the data is definitely there). It's just a pain to do this for 10 to 50 Projects...

Is it possible to use wildcards in directory / location names for artifacts?

Note: using a wildcard in the destination folder for an artifact works...

So I can have an artifact successfully copied to *-webapp/target but not from *-webapp/target?

The same question applies to Stage - Job - Task - Working Sub Directory.

I have a lot of projects that have a <name>-db directory out of which database patches need to run. I'd like to set up a task that runs in *-db so that I can copy this around and save setup times, and not be tied to the actual project name.

2 answers

1 accepted

I opened a support request for this, and the answer ist to use Plan or Bamboo variable instead of wildcards.

0 vote

For reference, here is the juicy part of the support ticket (#BSP-6577):

My first idea is to use Bamboo Variables in Location and Destination fields

and then give that variable a proper value on a Plan level.
Please let us know if that is viable solution.

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Bamboo Development

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

187 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot