Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does setting Start Revision have no effect in Crucible?

Marnee DeRider June 12, 2014

I am using Crucible 3 with Perforce. After I created a new repository in Crucible, and while it was still doing the initial indexing, I updated the repository to set a "Start Revision" on the "SCM Details". (The "InitialImport" checkbox has always been unchecked.) Then I clicked Stop on the Summary and Start. Yet, it is still indexing from apparently the first revision. (In any case, it started with revisions long before the Start Revision, from 1998 in fact. I can't say with 100% certainty that it's starting from the very first changelist.)

I would expect it to start indexing on the changelist specified in the Start Revision. Am I misunderstanding what the Start Revision is for?

1 answer

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2014

Hi Marnee,

After setting a start revision (or performing any changes that affect the content of the indexes of the repository) a re-index is necessary, so only Stopping and Starting the repository again won't apply the change.

In order to re-index the repository you can go to Administration > Repositories > click in repo's name > Maintenance and click in the Start button of the Re-index option under Repository Source Index.

Marnee DeRider June 13, 2014

I think I remember that it prompted me for re-indexing and I confirmed, but I can't be sure. I will say that even though I saw in the status that it was still referencing changlists prior to the Start Revision, other tasks that I've done since then seem to indicate that it is now honoring the Start Revision. I made other changes and perhaps at one point, I did request it to reindex. I can't be sure at this point, but I am guessing you are correct in that the issue was I hadn't reindexed after setting the Start Revision. Even though I am not sure in my case, I will leave the question up since I think your response can be helpful to others. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events