Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are zip file artifacts corrupted, but are ok on my build agent?

Mitch Thompson January 14, 2014

I have a setup that creates a deployment file using msbuild, and is later used by msdeploy. Its a zip file. I've noticed that most of the time, the artifact will be corrupt but if I look at the build-dir on the build agent machine, it is in fact not corrupt.

How are these files getting corrupted in the copy process through bamboo?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mitch Thompson May 18, 2014

It ended up being a setting in the network card setup. The "Large Send Offload" needs to be set to Disabled for it to work properly. This setting is in "Advanced" un the network card -> properties on the build agent.

A related problem of artifacts randomly not copying led us to this solution.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Windows+build+artifacts+are+not+copied

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Ok, you got a .pubxml then? Noone can reproduce your case without your config, you need to supply actual details.

0 votes
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

That seems like odd behavior to me. If the zip files were corrupt 100% of the time, I'd say that they're being corrupted in transit. If, for example, the zip file is being copied somewhere using a non-binary streaming method then it would be corrupted. If I were you, I still wouldn't rule this possibility out until I examined the setup more closely.

Do you only have the 1 build agent capable of performing the build or multiple? That might explain why it works every now and then.

0 votes
Mitch Thompson January 14, 2014

It is a zip file. Its created using msbuild as follows:

msbuild.exe solution.sln /T:Build /p:DeployOnBuild=True /p:PublishProfile='Dev Server'

My deploy method is to use parameterized deployment. The zip file it creates contains the site. Also, I forgot to mention, it will finally create non-corrupt artifact after attempting the build 4 to 5 times.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2014

Define "essentially a zip file". If you are creating something like a .msi then by default it is only valid on the machine it is built on. Msbuild is extremely configurable to do a handful of different operations; you'll need to provide more information on how you're actually using it first. It sounds more like you need help with the build; Bamboo is copying correctly just not what you want to see as a result of the build.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events