Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the clone project button in stash?

otrosien December 13, 2012

I am currenty evaluating Atlassian Stash 2.0. I'm quite happy so far, but what I am missing from my previous experience with github is an easy way to create a fork/clone of a repository within stash. I know from this picture (https://www.atlassian.com/en/wac/software/stash/whats-new/stash-20/pageSections/0/pageSections/00/contentColumnTwo/00/imageBinary/stash2.0_WhatsNewHero_407w.png - next to the pull request button) that it seems to be possible, but what do I have to enable to allow cloning of repos?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Hi Oliver,

The clone button you see in that screenshot is for SourceTree. That button only appears when you're running on a Mac. You can, of course, "clone" the repository by using whatever Git clients you have on your machine by using the URL from the top-right hand corner.

However, I'm assuming what you're really asking about is forks? I'm afraid that Stash doesn't (yet) provide forking as you know it in GitHub, although it is certainly high on our feature list. As an alternative we suggest using branches and Stash's (new) branch permissions to allow multiple users to collaborate within a single repository.

Cheers,

Charles

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

No worries. I should have mentioned there is a public JIRA issue for this feature which you might want to vote on and/or watch.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2495

otrosien December 13, 2012

Yes, I was referring to forking, as this is currently the way we are working. Thanks for the quick answer. I'll be really happy to see this feature in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events