Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the instructions for installing the plug-in used to edit Confluence source?

Bill August 23, 2012

Where are the instructions for installing the plug-in used to edit Confluence source? I can download the plug-in, but what do I do now?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill November 26, 2012

Thank you. I accept your answer.

0 votes
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Hi,

Please allow me to step in to help on this case.

For instructions in how to install plugins into a Standalone Confluence please refer to this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+a+Plugin

In case you have an OnDemand Confluence I'm afraid that it is not possible to install plugin on it due to the OnDemand Plugin Policy: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Cheers!

0 votes
Bill October 9, 2012

It's been a while since I've had time to continue evaluating Confluence. I can't find the Install button that I referred to in my previous post. I don't see the Confluence Source Editor on the page that lists user-installed plug-ins: https://liquent.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/upm.

I see the "plug-in exchange" page containing the Confuence Source Editor: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor;jsessionid=11do7idegrnmnf0i4sylpd47q. After I download the .jar file from this page, what do I do?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2012

You haven't really pointed us at which plugin you're talking about. I'd assume that the plugin documentation contains instructions, unless they're the most simple case: "install via universal plugin manager and it works.

Bill August 23, 2012

I'm referring to the Confluence Source Editor. I don't see any instructions for this on the site where you get it or on any site that it links to. When you download it, you just get a .jar file. Do you use instructions like the following, not provided by Confluence, for installing any program in a .jar file? http://www.ehow.com/how_5026014_install-jar-file.html.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2012

What? Eh? Why are you picking random pages off the internet instead of reading the application documentation? Have you not even looked for "plugin" in the Confluence documentation?

Bill August 26, 2012

I have looked at the Confluence documentation. I did not just pick a random page off the internet.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2012

Then why are you quoting this random page off the internet? Where does it say in the confluence documentation, to use that page for installing plugins? What's it got to do with Confluence? Have you looked for "installing plugins" in the Confluence documentation?

Bill August 26, 2012

At our site, where we are evaluating Confluence, we do not see any information in the Confluence documentation about installing plug-ins. We downloaded the plug-in, but no instructions or references to instructions in Confluence documentation came with it. We have had very different experiences in evaluating other products. My point in quoting the site was to ask whether we should just try to install the plug-in by using some standard procedure for installing programs in .jar files.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2012

Google takes you to "how to install plugins" in Atlassian's documentation.

Typing "install plugins" into the search in the documentation takes you to the right pages.

The software itself has a "plugin manager" (Which you'd know if you'd read the docs) which tells you how to install stuff on-screen.

I am sorry if I am being grumpy here, but I'm struggling to understand how you can miss it, or why you're picking random pages which are only loosely related and don't even mention Atlassian products.

Bill August 26, 2012

Thanks. We see the Install button now. It's so far to the right on our screens that it was not readily visible. We installed the plug-in.

Previously, we clicked a Confluence documentation link that took us to a page where we were able to download the .jar file containing the plug-in, but we were left hanging with no other guidance. We thought we were performing the correct procedure because the documentation path that we took led us there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events