Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When upgrading can I skip versions

Samantha Burnside September 12, 2012

When we purchased the suite of tools, each tool had a download that specified "standalone". Is there a particular file we should use when getting the upgrades (WAR or TAR)? Also, is it recommended to upgrade by each version vs jumping? For instance we have Bamboo 3.4.3. is it OK to just get the latest version or do I need to get each version in between 3.4.3 and the latest version of 4.2?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2012

Hi Samantha,

You should use the installer files (Linux/Windows). The War files are for users who are not using the built-in Tomcat server. The installers are the same as "standalone" and the TAR file is just a compression filetype (like .zip)

We recommend upgrading to each major version of a product (3.4.3 -> 4.0 -> 4.1 -> 4.2) but it really depends on the types of changes that took place between versions. Study the release notes carefully - if major changes to the database took place in an upgrade, for example, you should be sure to upgrade to that specific version.

That being said, you may be able to make the jump from 3.4.3 right to 4.2 - I would file a support ticket just to be sure:

http://support.atlassian.com

-Simon

Samantha Burnside September 13, 2012

Thanks very much. I will start reading the release notes.

0 votes
Samantha Burnside September 12, 2012

Need to upgrade from Jira 4.4.4, FECR 2.7.10, Bamboo 3.4.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events