When should I see colored branches in SourceTree graph using git-flow?

Kent Signorini March 15, 2014

I am using SourceTree and the git-flow process and I'm confused as to when I should see colored branching in my graph.

It seems that whether I work in the develop branch, create features, or switch back to master, I don't see my graph split (except one time it did--I think when I pushed a feature up to my remote repo).

Please explain.

1 answer

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

There is a dropdown above the graph that lets you choose to see all branches or just your current branch. Beside this is a checkbox for whether to show remote branches. If you choose "Current Branch", it will only show the branch you have checked out, and any branches that are merged into it.

Using git-flow should not have any effect on how graphing works.

Also, the graph won't split when you create and commit to a branch unless you (or someone else, if you are showing remote branches) commits to the parent branch. At the very latest, this will happen on the merge if you expressly prevent Git from doing a fast-forward merge.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events