What sort of security is Atlassian using on the OnDemand platform to protect user data?

Bryan Guffey October 26, 2011

I really want my company to move our instances of Confluence and Crowd to OnDemand. However, my network engineer has a serious concern about the "outside the firewall" dangers. What sort of security has Atlassian implemented internally to protect this information (we have tons of client passwords and information in our Confluence instance), and do you offer any additional security, such as a Apache secured login page before the OnDemand instance, etc?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2011

The doc below is our official security page for OnDemand. If you click through the different links (to our hosting partner for example) I believe all your questions will be addressed.

https://www.atlassian.com/hosted/security

Our general security page is at:

https://www.atlassian.com/security/

Additionally, you an sign up for a free trial if you and your network engineer want to 'kick the tires' before making the move outside your firewall.

Bryan Guffey October 28, 2011

Nik-

If we wanted to add an extra layer of security between the end user and the OnDemand Servers, what options would we have?

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2012

Hi Bryan,

It's a very late response, but we don't offer any other option to improve the security between the end user and the OnDemand servers, if HTTP over SSL is not enough than I guess your only option is hosting behind your firewall.

If you can explain what type of extra layers you had in mind?

Cheers,
Felipe Cuozzo
OnDemand Developer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events