What logic in creating template for exporting documents to Word?

Ольга Колоскова February 15, 2016

I have protocols that i need to export in Word in the template of my company, but i dont understand how does it work. I created template and export sheme, but data still export not right. How does confluence understand which style in which place must be in word.

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

I have better luck when I start with a Word template, import it into Confluence to create a page, then when pages are exported to Word, it is much closer to the original Word doc.

Ольга Колоскова February 16, 2016

I do the same. Can you tell me how does the template look? Maybe i can look any finished template to understand what i do wrong? 

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

The page I use it for is a description of each engineer. Think of a résumé/CV: Overview, Skills, Accomplishments, etc., plus the engineer's specialty and title.

The exported Word doc has the correct heading styles for each section, so that when a new engineer updates the sample bio, it imports into Confluence cleanly; not perfectly, mind you, but pretty good.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events