Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Unable to find job configured as a dependency provider" mean?

John Chaney March 12, 2013

On many of my builds I see this error on the plan summary page. There isnt any more description to this so I am confused. Is this referring to a maven dependency or the nexus respository or something internal to bamboo? Anyone seen this before and know how to resolve it?

Also, this error is recurring for each build that I do so eventually I end up with a whole stack of them and they don't inhibit me from having a sucessful build.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

It means you have "Automatic Dependency Management" enabled for one of your plans (Plan configuration page -> Dependencies) without having "Dependency Provider Task". It could also mean that there are children plans that don't have any enabled jobs. Basically try check your plan dependicies as I suspect the firs case

John Chaney March 21, 2013

thanks, this cleaned up a lot of the errors I've been seeing.

0 votes
Victor Campbell December 8, 2017

I think the confusing part of this is that the "Automatic Dependency Management" option hides behind the "Advanced Options", and is turned on by default.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events