We were approved for community "Legacy" licenses. What exactly does that mean?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Do we only get older versions of products?  Are there any limitations?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

@Scott Beeson you can disregard the "Legacy" part of the license description. We no longer offer the 2,000+ user tier for commercial/academic license holders. When we made that change to the licensing, any 2,000+ user tier (commercial, academic, community, open source), had "Legacy" added to the description to differentiate it from the new license tiers.

The licenses you have are fully functional and includes 12 months of software maintenance.  The licenses would have been issued to the person who completed the application form. They can add you as a contact on the licenses, they can follow these instructions to add you as a contact.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

A coworker actually initiated the request and was approved, so I can't see the licenses.  But that's another issue... smile

Thanks for the quick answer!

Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hi @Scott Beeson if your colleague is still with your organization they can add you. If not, please contact our Customer Advocate team and they can help get you access to the licenses. https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact

1 vote
Boots Wang January 29, 2015

No, once approved you should be eligible for other licenses and I'm almost certain for upgrades and renewals. You could go to your my.atlassian.com account and see if you could download the latest. Shouldn't have limitations. Let us know if that's the case!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events