Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Stats on User Macros

Binaya May 3, 2012

I am looking to see what "user" written macros have been utilized in the last year to potentially delete user macros that were created but never utilized in confluence. Is there a way to do that?

We have a "Macro Stats" plugin that lists the usage for all the plugins...I am looking to see if a similar one exists for User Macros.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

One thing you could do is do a search for the user macros to see how many pages they have been used in. This quite simple, see http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/how-to-search-confluence-for-usage-of-a-macro/ for information.

It's manual work, alas.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

I wrote a macro to iterate over a space's pages and detect macro usage in each space. It works on Confluence 4.2.x. I have not tested it on 3.x or 5.x.

## Macro title: Macro Usage Report
## Developed by: Matthew J. Horn
## Date created: 11/12/13
## This macro takes no parameters
## @noparams

## Get a list of User Macros
#set($containerManagerClass = $content.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
#set($getInstanceMethod = $containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
#set($containerManager = $getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
#set($containerContext = $containerManager.containerContext)
#set($macroManager = $containerContext.getComponent('userMacroLibrary'))
#set($macroMetadataManager = $containerContext.getComponent('macroMetadataManager'))
#set($macroNames = $macroManager.getMacroNames())

## Get the ExcerptHelper (probably not supposed to be used for getting all macros, but it works)
#set($eHelper = $containerContext.getComponent('excerptHelper'))

## Get a list of pages in the space
#set ( $targetSpace = $spaceManager.getSpace("admin") )
#set ( $allPagesInSpace = $pageManager.getPages($targetSpace, true) )

## List all macro names
<h3>Macro names</h3>
<hr/>
#foreach($name in $macroNames)
  $name, 
#end

#set($isValid = false)

## Iterate over each page and check if each of the macros in macroNames is used on that page
<h3>Macro Usage</h3>
<hr/>
<table>
  <tr><th>Macro</th><th>Description</th><th>Page (isValid) (parameters)</th></tr>
  #foreach ($name in $macroNames) 
    <tr>
      <td>$macroMetadataManager.getMacroMetadataByName($name).getTitle().getKey() ($name)</td>
      <td>$macroMetadataManager.getMacroMetadataByName($name).getDescription().getKey()</td>
      <td>
      #foreach ($page in $allPagesInSpace)  ## $page is of type Page
        #if ($eHelper.getMacroDefinition($page, $name))
          <a href="$page.getUrlPath()">$page.getTitle()</a> ($eHelper.getMacroDefinition($page, $name).isValid()) ($eHelper.getMacroDefinition($page, $name).getParameters())<br/>          
        #end
      #end
      </td>
    </tr>
  #end
</table>

0 votes
Julio Mugabe March 10, 2013

Same here, a solution will be greatly appreciated.

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2012

I have the same requirement, if someone knows an approach please share it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events