Upgrate to Confluence 3.5 steps

Alihesam Azari January 13, 2013

Hi,

we have a project to upgrade from confluence 3.0.2 to the latest version (4.3).

As it has been described in the documents, we have to first upgrade to 3.5 version.

I'm in charge of upgrading and converting the current data to the new database (from oracle 10g to 11g1)

I just have some questions regarding this upgrade process before i actually dive into it.

It seems that the database tables in both versions have the same design so, i was thinking that it might be possible to just export the current production DB and Import them into the new oracle 11gR1 database?!! do we really have the same database design in both confluence 3.0.2 and 4.3??

Does any body tested any upgrade procedure like me (database part) which can help me with a short description of upgrade process ?

Many thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

I would first upgrade the database. You should be able to export the current data from the older version to the newer version then change the database connection details to the new database. After that, just follow the documentation to upgrade.

Alihesam Azari January 13, 2013

Thanks for the answer. As i said i will of course upgrade my database at first but my question is that is the database design from version 3.0.2 is the same as 4.3?

Because if they are different export/import wont help?

And if the database design id the same for both versions , is there anything othe than exporting the old data and importing them into the new database? (in the database upgrade process)

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

If i'm not mistaken, the database schema will be updated as necessary when the new version of Confluence detects that the data is from a previous version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events