Triggering child builds with Bamboo automatic dependencies

We've configured Bamboo to use automatic dependencies based on Maven POM files. This appears to be working, insofar as the Bamboo interface correctly shows which the Maven artifacts required by and created by each plan, which upstream plans provide the dependencies and which downstream plans depend on the artifacts.

However, it also appears to not work, insofar as building an upstream artifact doesn't trigger a downstream build. Is it necessary to manually create child plans to trigger downstream builds -- an error-prone duplication of the information in the POM files? If so, the automatic dependency management isn't much use and it's hard to understand what the feature is for.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

First thing to check is if version that downstream build depends on is SNAPSHOT and if version that upstream builds is the same SNAPSHOT. It works only for SNAPSHOTS.

Everything is 1.0-SNAPSHOT AFAICT.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

159 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you