Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The validator is unable to load the driver from the specified jar file

Michael Grondines February 19, 2016

Getting error :

Unable to load 'org.postgresql.Driver' from 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\confluence\WEB-INF\lib\postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc4.jar', exiting.

Same thing with MySQL, do I need something special to be able to load the driver from the jar ?

5 answers

0 votes
James June 28, 2021

I am having exactly the same problem in Confluence version 7.12.2.  My command line is:

java -jar cdc-plugin-validator-1.0.0.jar -installation "C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Confluence7122" -dbuser user -dbpassword pass -dburl jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5433/cluster3 -dbdriver org.postgresql.Driver -dbfile "C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Confluence7122/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/postgresql-42.2.18.jar

Did you find a solution?

0 votes
Dirk Brutscher December 12, 2020

Same issue here, it's frustrating, because I'm unable to to debug this stupid error :-/

java -jar cdc-plugin-validator-1.0.0.jar -installation C:\Confluence -dbuser XXXXX -dbpassword XXXXX -dburl jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/confluence2 -dbdriver org.postgresql.Driver -dbfile C:\Confluence\confluence\WEB-INF\lib\postgresql-42.2.16.jar
Unable to load 'org.postgresql.Driver' from 'C:\Confluence\confluence\WEB-INF\lib\postgresql-42.2.16.jar', exiting

0 votes
KC Integrations March 7, 2016

I have exactly the same problem, however I am using postgresql database and using the example command line with my server details.

I have the correct postgresql jar file, but the tool doesn't find the org.postgresql.Driver class, which is clearly in the jar file.  Looks like a bug with this tool.

Has anyone got this tool to work?

How do developers verify Data Center compatibility?

0 votes
Michael Grondines February 19, 2016

I'm trying to validate a plugin using the Data Center Plugin Validator. I have a confluence installed using MySQL and using the "example invocation" as a reference.

When running the command, the validator is unable to load the jdbc driver (from dbdriver parameter) from the jar file (dbfile parameter).

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2016

Please provide some more details on what exactly are you trying to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events